TOUR CAPTAIN (DRIVER)
Job Posted: March 14, 2023
Employment Type: Part-Time; Seasonal
Hourly Wage: $35-50/hr with tips (base wage – $15/hr)
Hours: Very Flexible; 5-20 hours/week
About the Position:
The Oshkosh Pedal Trolley is a 14-passenger “party bike” operating in Downtown Oshkosh. Our party bike provides an innovative, eco-friendly transportation alternative for exploring the downtown area while socializing, enjoying the outdoors, sightseeing, and more. The bike is equipped with 10 pedal stations and an electrical-assist motor. Hours of operations are Monday through Sunday, 10 am-10:30 pm. Tours are based on demand with the weekends being the busiest days.
Think of this position as a cross between a driver, a party host, and a tour guide all-in-one. The party bike driver is the heart and soul of the Oshkosh Pedal Trolley. The captains are responsible for the fun and safety of our guests from start to finish; that they have an unforgettable, five-star experience each and every time they go out with us.
As a driver of the Oshkosh Pedal Trolley, you will be responsible for taking up to 14 guests on a 2-hour tour of Downtown Oshkosh. You will also stop at 2-3 bars or local establishments along the way. During the tour, you will be in charge of driving on the route and letting guests off at stops on the tour. Customer safety is a top priority. Other duties include cleaning and maintaining equipment, moving the bike in and out of storage, preparing guests for tours as well as answering any questions that guests may have before, during, and after tours.
- Follow all check-in procedures. Prep/clean the trolley before and after each tour.
- Greet and assist guests as they arrive (i.e., help load coolers, sign waivers, etc.)
- Present the rules and answer questions; enforce before, during, and after tours.
- Drive the Oshkosh Pedal Trolley only on established routes in downtown Oshkosh.
- Control groups and maintain safety (this is a top priority). Remove guests when needed.
- Conduct efficient turnarounds between one group to the next.
- Conduct all check-out procedures in accordance with protocol.
- Availability on nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills (emphasis on customer service)
- Comfortable working independently, efficiently, and unsupervised.
- Must be timely and dependable.
- Have a safety-first mindset, problem solve, and enforce rules when needed.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about the job!
- Have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and no criminal background.
Pay & Incentives:
- $15/hour wage
- 100% of tips earned – most groups tip generously for great service!
- $5 bonus for every 5-star review on Facebook, Google, Yelp, or Trip Advisor.
- Flexible schedule and fun atmosphere!